Coming from future motion firmware, the high pitched squeal can be off-putting to some. Luckily, tuning it out is super easy! Follow these steps:
- Motor Settings>FOC>Advanced
- Increase Zero Vector Frequency
Default is 20 kHz. Most people prefer it anywhere between 25-30 kHz.
WARNING Do not exceed 30 kHZ! At least two people have fried their VESC trying around 60-70. Be safe, don’t go above 30 kHz. Nico Aleman recommends not going lower than 14 kHz, although anything under 20 kHz is noticeably audible.
Nico Aleman has also said that “The sound is audible when holding brake current is active, which is triggered when you either start the board, write a config, or move the motor at all, and goes away once the motor has been still for about a second or two”.
See these other topics for more help with weird sounds:
- Little FOCer v3.1 - Config & Vibration Issue
- Using 800kv motor with ATR v23 Guidance
- Motor making constant loud noises when engaged (groaning, lightsabering, etc.)?
Keywords: Squeal, beep, sound, high pitch, noise.