Note: If you have any Issues with the Float Package, please post it in #troubleshooting-general. Because often times issues are connected to compatibility issues or can be hardware related, your issue will be resolved faster that way.
The VESC App has a a built-in repository to download “Packages” for specific use cases. Hence, the Float Package was created by @NicoAleman in order to enable quick and easy configuration and tuning for VESC based “one wheeled skateboards”. That way specific variables were created that are unique to this use case.
Highlights of Float Package:
- Easy configuration for any kind of battery setup
- (Since v1.0) Download Tune Cards from seasoned riders directly from the VESC App!
- Quick Save feature tor up to 6 Tune Cards
- Surge Feature
- Remote Tilt Control
- Support for Float Control App
You can find the changelog here:
If you are setting up a new board or you simply want so re-install everything from zero, this is the right tutorial. If you want to update the Float Package, make sure to scroll down to next headline.
- Board with VESC based controller
- Latest VESC App for iOS/Android
- Latest VESC Firmware installed on the controller
- Configuration of MOTOR AND IMU must be completed at this point!!!
- Connect VESC App to your board
- At the top bar scroll all the way to the last tab “Packages”
- Hit the Info button first and read the all the notes, before proceeding
- Hit the Install button and wait for the “Install Done!..” message. Click “OK”.
- If you get stuck in the “Processing…” step, then [tbc]
- Go to tab “Start” and hit the Disconnect Button.
- Then hit Connect again.
Now you need to make crucial configurations for your battery and footpads. If you have the stock OW+ or XR battery, then the settings are already set up the right way for you. If you have a different battery setup, you need to set the values yourself.
Go to tab Float Cfg, then go to “Specs” in the Dropdown menu. Now you need to setup following values which depend on your battery and footpad setup.
Make sure to hit the Write button after entering all the values and wait for the confirmation from the app that the Write was successful.
High/Low Voltage Threshold
Here it depends on your battery setup and also your preferences whether you want your battery to last a bit longer in exchange for less range. But below you will find recommended values from us.
|Battery||High Voltage Threshold||Low Voltage Threshold|
Official sources are on Vedder’s github:
- Official releases: GitHub - vedderb/vesc_pkg: Official VESC Packages
If you want to see unpublished source code you can follow Nico’s or Dado’s github repos: