Understanding What Caused My Nose Dives?

I had a couple of nose dives on my trip home, 1 was intentional and 1 was not. I extracted the logs and spatialised it as I know exactly where it happened and turned the data into some graphs to hopefully show me what happened.
Link is here.

For reference I am on a CB+ and the BMS is rated for 30A.

First nosedive was going up a steep hill on a bikepath. I was pushing it good until the nose dipped and hit the ground but i recovered real quick, thanks mini fangs. The image 1 in the link seems to indicate that it was the current_in, which got to 33.57A, was likely to be the issue.

Second nosedive was later on going up a steep grass/dirt hill, this is one I usually struggle to get up but thought it would be good to get more data in one log. I got near the top and nosedived and burnt out and had to get off the board and walk it up a little, you can see in the charts recovery took much longer then the first time. In this case the current_in got to 31.8A and the duty cycle got to 94.9%. I am guessing the duty cycle this time shut my board down. Interesting in this one, the duty cycle jumped from 48.3% to 94.9% super quick.

Question from all this information, I have a CBCSO on order and it is rated only to 35A. Does that mean I won’t get that much more torque over my CB+ battery?
If true then are the benefits less sag (more constant power) and more duty cycle headroom to hit higher top speeds?

1 Like