Pint X VESC Guide

I was curious if anyone has made a guide for converting a Pint X to VESC like Surdado’s YouTube video. Im curious as to what parts i need to source and what wires need to be soldered where and which JST connectors to use for certain features along with wiring the power button and the BMS for charge only bypass.

I found this tutorial: Onewheel Pint VESC Conversion - Google Docs
Maybe that helps a bit

In addition there was a thread here of a user who published a 3d print file for a Pint X battery box: OW Pint VESC Repair | Onewheel Forum

But I agree that a full build tutorial as in surfdado’s video would be great!
Btw here is also link to video in case anyone is wondering: VescX: PintX + Trampa VESC 6-75 - YouTube

2 Likes

I know there are a few people who have converted Pints on the VESCify Discord server. You might have some luck there.

1 Like

That’s my guide! :slight_smile:
OP, I definitely suggest popping into the Vescify Discord Server! Alden, Erosion and Otis have all converted Pints using the Ubox 75v and can offer insight on the process! Obviously I can too!

I’ve had at least one user follow along with my guide and reach success! Obviously you can do things a little differently depending on the course of action you’d like to take and the tools you have at your disposal. I have not documented the process of wiring your harness so that you can run your Pint without a BMS. There’s also the process of creating a harness to bypass the BMS without having to solder to the BMS itself which I’d like to delve into at some point. Those along with wiring up a rESCue are things on my list to do but aren’t things I’m confident in doing a write up on when I have yet to do them myself. With that said, they’re easy enough to do in concept. If you have any questions feel free to reach out! I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks i appreciate it. I wish Maker’sPEV would sell pint VESC parts such as the motor plug and the sensor pad plug so i don’t destroy a good working FM Pint X controller and simply use the Trampa VESC 6 75V and utilize the stock controller housing. Ill definitely reach out to the others on the VESCify Discord Server. I have your guide printed out to be handy but might convert my XR first depending when the DIY bundles are back in stock.

3 Likes

what do you think about posting your guide here in the forum as well? That way others can add contributions or new ideas in the comments.

2 Likes

I really ought to! I’ll try to find the time to make a thread soon. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Let me know if you’re still looking for a drop in pint conversion. It’s some thing I’m looking into. I have two controller boxes sitting here that I am looking to modify and if it’s of interest to people, I can start to create an exchange process of sorts where you send me your existing controller and housing, and I could send the vesc conversion version

3 Likes