Madd Max 84V trail beast Tune Card

I have the CBCSO, and it’s a WORLD of different for me. “Tractor crawls” on uphills like a f’n beast. That said, wouldn’t recommend aforementioned tractor crawls, the motor overheats real quick. But, it’s a massive difference for me. For a point of a reference, my other board’s a JWXR and that doesn’t hold a candle against the torque from the 84V

1 Like

Btw, @MaddMax - I think the card is incorrect, at least in Turn/Roll Tiltback Speed Boost % – says 2000% but I think you meant 200%?

Thanks dude! The cards was Hannes’ idea btw. Pretty neat that you can use any riders’ preferences, like selecting a character from a video game!

Battery is amazing so far. Everything is bumped up from stock, but it’s most noticeable when it allows you to go higher speeds. The torque is only noticeable when you’re trying to do nose dips/drags, it’s nearly impossible with how much power is keeping you up.

I’ll be releasing a vid on my YouTube on the CBCSO install process next week.

1 Like

Yea the CBCSO P28A is the most powerful battery for the onewheel as of now. You can tell the difference when you try to nose dip, and with the high speeds unlocked.

CBCSO is such a game changer, especially with the incorporated BMS. Haven’t noticed motor temps getting too high, but then again haven’t been doing those intense tractor crawls anymore.

Yes you’re right, the turn/roll tailback speed boost should be 200%. It should be correct in the xml file but just a typo on the actual card. @vescmann can you help verify?

How to nosedrag/taildrag with ATR firmware - VESC App Settings & Testing - pev.dev

2 Likes

Man I finally got my vesc setup up and running last weekend!! It’s very similar to this build too. CBCSO, W rails, Enduro tire, bang bumpers.

I need to try out this tune card!

3 Likes

Highly recommend, still takes some getting used to but it’s the closest I’ve gotten my setup to feeling Mission-like without sacrificing the power/brakes too much :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sick dude! Stoked you’re finally set up. With the 2000W motor? The only difference in our builds is mine is lifted 1/2 in. Try out the card asap!

Glad you’re enjoying man, took a lot of iterations with the team. Working on an even more refined trail card, stay tuned!

3 Likes

I moved my VESC from my Growler over to my Tail Rails w/ CBXR Mini today and tried this out. With the new ATR firmware (thanks surfdado!) and these settings, the ride feels great! I’m installing a CB TORque Pack soon. Can’t wait to unlock that power.

I don’t have the new motor yet!! Just using my current XR motor and W rails. At this point I have no idea when I’ll receive the superflux motor but it’s supposed to be kind of any time now ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I tried the ATR firmware with the CB+ battery but noticed the nose dipping on the initial acceleration.

Do you still get that with the cbcso?

What’s cb+ battery and how many volts? Don’t get any nose dips with cbcso and even stock battery. If anything the nose is still somewhat ‘soft’ and flowy but that’s how vesc feels. It won’t entirely have the same feel as fm, give it some more time you may find it’s actually better.

Yeah 57volts only.

Definitely getting used to the soft feel. Just a little uneasy with the initial acceleration on flat.

Maybe it’s your settings or maybe it’s something in your settings. Will do some testing for sure

1 Like

Keep in mind my tune cards are for 84V, make sure you adjusted your current, voltage, braking etc for 57V. Your battery is lower than the stock xr battery of 63V :face_with_spiral_eyes: which may explain the nose dipping…

1 Like

A battery won’t magically fix that problem.

Battery voltage doesn’t in any way affect nose dips. That can’t be it. Higher voltage wouldn’t solve that. Also, the softness is intentional but can be easily changed. If you prefer stiffer tunes then try IMU Mahony kp=1.8 and add another 5 or so to the P value in Balance-Tune

Have you upgraded your firmware? stock 5.3 will cause nosedips even on flat roads when accelerating

1 Like

Yeah I don’t mind the softness. Have defintely gotten used to it. On the ATR though I felt that the nose would float (didn’t say drop as it wasn’t sudden) down and start to raise back up after the initial acceleration.

What I noticed was firmware 5.3.002 or 5.3.004 didn’t have this issue but ATR did. Probably a settings difference I had between the two. Will investigate and report back.

Oh crap - now I know what you’re talking about!

Sorry, I don’t ride very much these days but I now realize that the current ATR firmware is lacking a feature that I used to have in earlier versions (before jumping on the vescmann train)

Let me sum up the behavior, to make sure we’re talking about the same thing:
While pushing up a hill and maintaining speed or accelerating ATR works pretty well and the behavior feels good (if we ignore bumpy terrain issues).
BUT, when easing off the gas pedal, the nose has a tendency to rise above what the rider would consider as “level”.

I think we can all agree that ATR should help with uphills and high-resistance terrain like grass, dirt, mud - but it should never lead to actual “captain morgan”, right?

Hopefully this makes sense.

Funny you mentioned that @surfdado . I never really tried to ease off when going up hill but when I was trying to do bonks over a tree root on flat ground, it would sometimes “captain morgan” on landing. It felt like it completely disengaged cause I would try to put pressure on the front pad and ‘get back up’ but it sometimes would not engage.

What I was talking about with the nose floating down was only on acceleration. I will get a video of it to show as I tried to adjust all the settings yesterday to fix it but it did not really help.