Ennoid XLite V3 configuration

Is there a more comprehensive tutorial or guide of how to configure the V3 Ennoid BMS anywhere?
I’ve read through the User Guide.pdf and ENNOID-PINOUT-V3.pdf provided by Ennoid and they are fairly lacking in configuration material.
I have also seen Marios video on setting up the V1, (https://youtu.be/upKx11n7yoQ?si=JBsC9pFg64mJFknI) but the V3 is a very different BMS from the V1, and Ennoid seems to have completely isolated the CAN chip in the V3.

I’m prinarily concerned about the Ground looping issue prsent in the V1. When wiring an Ennoid V3 for CAN Bus communication with a VESC, should i wire the 5V + Ground from the VESC as well as CanH and CanL?

Thank you for any help!

1 Like

XLITE-V3, has a completely isolated CAN bus and requires an external 5V to enable the CAN bus. This 5V path is also isolated. GND loops are not really an issue with CAN bus on V3.

For configuring, it is now almost plug and play. Once installed on your battery, plug the charger, connect via Bluetooth with VESC-tool, select the cell count and you are ready to go. After that, you can add thermistors and adjust limits according to your preferences.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the response.
Just out of curiosity, why is it that most BMS’s require the charge pins to be plugged in, then the balance cables. Whereas the XLite V3 requires the balance cables to be plugged in first.

Due to it’s internal. You can’t expect the same connection order between a smart BMS with normally open high side switches and a dumb bms with low side switches.

That being said, the connection order on the xlite is a recommandation/guideline, but some people do connect it like other dumb BMS without issue.

The risk of damaging something badly if there is a mistake with the balance wire order is simply higher if you don’t follow the recommandations.