Any advice/thoughts on this VESC? Spintend Single Ubox 100V 100A Motor Controller Based on VESC 100V 250A . I've got a superflux ordered and want to go with a 22s configuration

This is available on aliexpress. I’m just getting started in this and have a superflux hub motor ordered. I am going to build my own 22s battery system and so the littleFOCer won’t work. Are there any limitations I should know about this? Are there any other options for going over 20s?

[Spintend Single Ubox 100V 100A Motor Controller Based on VESC 100V 250A with Copper Cooling Plate for Escooter Ebike Onewheel](https://www.aliexpress.us

Just buy from them directly.

1 Like

100V is just a marketing number for Spintend… If you want to go 22s then this is not the VESC for you - the chances of it surviving 22s regen currents are slim to none.

Fwiw, the 20s rated LittleFOCer uses MOSFETs with the same rating as Spintend!

1 Like

Thanks that is really good to know. Is there anything smaller and cheaper that the Trampa VESC 100/250 that can handle 22s? or anything at all?

Try asking that in the esk8.news forum - those guys may know

I’m wondering why the spintend ubox 80V costs more than the 100V model. Is it because the 80V model is smaller? Both claim to be able to handle 100A.
$145 - Single Ubox 100V 100A motor controller based on VESC | Spintend.com
$155 - Single ubox Aluminum controller 80V 100A based on VESC – Spintend
I’ll be using it with a CBXR battery, but would like to keep my options open for a 75V or 84V battery down the road.