How to Update to VESC FW 6 / VESC Tool 6

Excellent info, thank you!

Anybody has this issue where the wheel spins without any ADC input?!
This could be a potentially dangerous issue. Hereā€™s how the problem happens:
Wheel is at standstill. I press the ADC1 and 2 footpads, and the wheel starts spinning, all good up until now. When i release the footpads, the ADC1 and 2 footpad values go to zero, but the wheel still keeps spinning.
At first I thought the package was competing with the app, but i rechecked and the app was surely set to UART not balance.

Hereā€™s a short (but nosy) video of the issue:

Video

1 Like

Could you create a new thread for this? Dont want to fill this thread with somewhat unrelated discussions

2 Likes

Just updated to 6 and it is working great. Big thanks to everyone working on firmware and guides. The new UI looks awesome.

One thing that was not working for me was the invert motor direction wizard and the keyboard controls. The motor will stutter and not spin like the hall sensors are not working. I was hooked up to PC via TCP through android tablet. I upload my working motor XML. Everything seemed to input correctly. I checked the hall sensor map and ran detection. Came out about the same. I reran the motor detection and the settings came out about the same. Ran invert motor again, still not working nor keyboard controls. At this point I activated the footpad by hand to get another perspective. The motor activated normally. I tilted it back and forth and it seemed to have normal acceleration for free spin. I took it outside and hopped on (a little terrified) and it worked fine. Canā€™t quite figure it out but board works fine after a nice 3-4 mile test ride so Iā€™m not sweating it.

1 Like

This has always been the case if you tried those with the Balance App running, itā€™s no different with the Float Package installed. If you really need to use those functions, you can temporarily uninstall the Float Package (probably backup your configs before uninstalling to be safe)

1 Like