The “Light Control Module” in the Floatwheel ADV/Pro controls the lights, a buzzer, as well as the power state of the controller. It runs basic firmware, so its behavior is changeable, tony published a copy of the source code.
Someone please fill this in…
Developers: feel free to edit/extend this list as needed.
Riders: please add suggestions/requests as a comment to this post, please be as verbose as possible in explaining what it is you want and why you want it / why you think the current behavior doesn’t address your need.
- delayed switching of forward/backward lights
- fading lights
- proxy buzzer for VESC (use the LCM buzzer to act as the buzzer for the VESC Float Package)
- lights control via app
- board shutdown via app (obviously only when not riding)
- Buzzer glitch: If you don’t wait for the confirmation beeps when changing between lighting modes, the buzzer will either stop working completely or get stuck on
- Charge Behavior
** Keep VESC powered on while charging
** Keep headlights OFF
** Use LED light bar to show charging status
** Turn off VESC and all lights when removing charger (provided rpm == 0)
- Lights-off aka stealth mode
Ranking is based on a combination of urgency, usefulness, and difficulty to implement
(1) don’t turn off VESC while charging
The following features have already been implemented and are being tested
- Keep VESC powered while charging, PARTIALLY COMPLETE
- Lights off mode